5 заданий по английскому языку (тесты с ответами, тексты с переводом)
1. Read the text and complete the statements (1–5) with the most suitable ending A, B, C or D.
Ecotourism is a booming business that many tour operators cite as being helpful to nature. Every year, millions of people step on protected natural areas to observe rare species. However, a new report casts doubt on the value of this form of tourism. In fact, it suggests that ecotourism is more damaging than helpful to nature. Details are in a report published in the journal ‘Trends in Ecology and Evolution’. Researchers believe tourists are disrupting animals in their natural habitat. They pointed to a recent event where sea turtles in Costa Rica had problems laying their eggs because of the great number of tourists who had come to watch the turtles’ nesting habits.
2. Read the text. Decide if the statements (1–10) are True (T) or False (F).
Two years ago, our 14-year-old son, Ben, asked us for a set of drums for his birthday. At first, we were very much against the idea because of the noise. “It’s better than watching television or playing computer games in my free time,” Ben argued, “and it’ll keep me out of trouble.” In the end we gave in. “All right,” we said, “but you must consider the rest of the family and the neighbours when you play.”
That was just the beginning. Because drums are not the easiest instruments to transport, the other members of Ben’s band started appearing at our home with their guitars and other electrical equipment. And so, for several hours a week, the house shakes to the noise of their instruments and their teenage singing.
At least Ben’s hobby has been good for our health: whenever the band start practicing, my husband and I go out for a long walk. And I must admit that, although their music may sound a little strange, they are friendly and polite group of young men. I cannot judge their musical skill – after all I didn’t expect my parents’ generation to like the same music as I did when I was a teenager – but they do play regularly in local clubs for young people.
VOCABULARY AND GRAMMAR
3. Choose the correct item A, B, C or D.
1) I _____ hard for months and decided to spend two weeks in a 5-star hotel in the Bahamas.
B. had working
C. had been working
2) I _____ really early, so I was able to do a lot.
A. had booked
B. had a book
C. had booking
4. Translate the sentences from English into Russian.
1) Our long-range aircraft is equipped with on-board telephones.
2) In accordance with international safety regulations, passengers must not carry weapons in their carry-on luggage.
3) Equipment with transmitters and remote-controlled toys are prohibited on board.
4) All Lufthansa flights are non-smoking flights.
5) Travel is the movement of people between relatively distant geographical locations, and can involve travel by foot, bicycle, automobile, train, boat, airplane, or other means.
6) Entertainment is a form of activity that holds the attention and interest of an audience, or gives pleasure and delight.
7) Many people believe that luck plays an important role in their lives.